From Dawn Till Dusk

One day I saw this pastel hued dawn while standing at the back of our house.

Another day...I was determined to capture a beautiful sunrise from the top of a hill near our house. Before the kids woke up, hubby and I went out to catch the sunrise...these are the views when we went out...just before the sun rose.

The sun finally peeked out over the distant hills...


Ohh...it's beautiful. Please click on pics to see it clearer :)




The sun between Lontar trees...blinding...


After sunrise, we decided to go around the campus to see the sights, as the children will probably will wake up late anyway. Here are some of the sights...

In the pic below, hubby's and my shadow is visible :) Hubby in front and me in the back of a motorcycle ...taking pictures. From this street...go along a bit ...after the lamp post turn left...it will take you to our house.

We didn't go home but went around once more...below are the ever useful Lontar trees. It's bark is made into material for building houses, it's leaves woven into mats and bags...and used as a musical instrument. It's fruit is eaten...and it's sap is used to make a traditional alcoholic drink !

Lots of coral rock formations here in Timor...



We then went home and finished breakfast with kids, and went out for a Saturday ride. After visiting some friends, we headed to Tenau harbor. Here are some of the sights...It was a quiet day....no large ships could be seen.



On our way back...I took some pics from the car window, hubby did not stop because it was such a hot day, and I prefer being air conditioned in the car :)..but I managed to capture some decent photos...had to throw a lot of blurry ones out though ...






After our afternoon ride, we went to the hotel swimming pool again, cos chub's still learning.Hehe..there's an elephant...I suppose in his heyday his trunk was spouting water into the pool.

Can you see the sunset unfolding beyond the barbed wires ? The hotel's right beside the beach...fantastic view from some of the rooms....[melchan, chub and hubby are in the pics below...hubby with the handycam :) ]

Ok, it's time to for me to stick my arms out
of the holes in the fence and take some more sunset photos !!

I hope you enjoy these pictures...cu later Ok.




Comments

Popular Posts