On the journey back...

Actually this photo is from the beginning of the journey, when we stopped at the traditional market. I saw a lady selling Papaya flowers [the flower of the Papaya tree, I think you are familiar with the fruit, right??] . I bought some [as you can see] .... people in several parts of Indonesia where Malaria is endemic consume it to stave off the disease....the taste is bitter, but delicious once you cook it with Kangkung.

When we were about to take our leave from our friend's house in the village...there was a commotion in the yard. As we were sitting in the yard under some coconut trees and orange trees, we witness several youngsters, adults...and three neighborhood dogs chasing the handsome rooster above ....round and round it went among the banana trees near the house...with the entourage chasing after it. Wow they sure kicked up a lot of dust..he he he. When they caught it, they tied up the rooster ....and ....gave it to us as a gift !! Not only that...also one big sack of newly harvested rice...and a big cartoon of bananas !! OHHH.....WOW.

On the way home I saw some cute bags sold along the road...I begged hubby to stop so I could investigate...turns out they are bags from Lontar leaves....and inside is salt. Isn't it a cute way to sell salt? I didn't buy any as we still had a lot...


A cozy home....

Back in our town again...

I'm still entranced by clouds...


Hehehe......a hole in the clouds.
I hope you've enjoyed reading about our trip to Takari !!


Comments

Popular Posts