The Oesapa fish market

Hubby and chub went to Oesapa fish market one morning and the next morning he went with me...Oh...I loved it...we went at six am...still a bit foggy, I had to darken some of these photos to bring out their beauty. The first few pics were taken by hubby using my camera. OOps...have to go out now, actually I have to up load some more pics here and write some things under them...Ok I'll be back tonight and add them to this post. Am still resting at home but I got bored staying in bed, sooo......





The ship sure looks romantic....






I bought one pile of these....had them fried for lunch....


Oh....Mr Crabs......


This fish is sure looong...

more pictures will be forthcoming....please excuse me....got to go...

Hi !! Me back . About the fish market....it's a bit different than the 'normal' market, here you could bring a bucket or pail from home to put your purchases in and you could join the crowd who quickly crowd around a fisherman's boat that comes in. There you point or grab the catch you want to buy....and put it in your bucket [it's like a challenge cos many are doing the same]. There are assorted sea creatures you could buy ...not just fish : squids, crabs, eels, strange looking fish you've never set your eyes on....big , small, tiny and...gigantic. You show the things you took to the fisherman...and he'll say how much...'course you can bargain :) Y'know....when the catch is quite large, the fishermen are generous to us...my mom was surprised when once she went here ... after she paid for the fish ...the man scooped up a few medium sized fish and added them to her bucket :) !!



Colorful array of fish, delicious too...


He he he...this man is eating a fried banana while sorting fish


At the back of the fish market they sell spices , veggies and fruits.
Hope you enjoyed going to the fish market with me :)

Comments

Popular Posts