The Art of Andre Kim

Remember this lovely couple ?....


Photobucket



The Unforgettable Winter Love Song Couple !
Bae Yong Joon and Choi Ji Wo....for Andre Kim :


Photobucket



Photobucket



Photobucket



Photobucket
With The Pioneer of Korean Fashion



I've told you I'd blog about the late Andre Kim, yes, he was South Korea's Fashion Icon. Starting his career as a fashion designer in the 1960s, through his distinguished career Andre Kim had been chosen as Chief designer of the 1981 Miss Universe beauty pageant, bestowed Italy's Cultural Merit Award in 1982, France's Art and Literature medal and MBC Honorary Award in 2000. He has also been appointed UNICEF Goodwill Ambassador in 2003, Honorable Ambassador at Gwan Gju in 2004 and became the Official fashion designer of Manhunt International, 2007. And that is just naming a few among many of the honors conferred upon him.......


Andre Kim with his models

Andre Kim held numerous fashion shows in Korea and abroad, introducing his art and Korea to the world. I learned about Andre Kim through reading about BYJ, Kim Hyun Joong and SS501. These celebs were invited to model his designs in his spectacular fashion shows. I admire him for being consistent to his distinctive art and fashion style. Andre Kim is famous not only in Korea.... in the US, Michael Jackson used to wear his designs^^

I will be blogging SS501 for Andre Kim in another post [there's so many pics of them !] but here's some pictures of other favorite actors and actresses who graced Andre Kim's fashion shows : Jang Keun Suk, Goo Hye Sun, and Kim Joon.



Photobucket

Jang Keun Suk and Lee Dae Hae


Photobucket

Although Keun Suk is younger...they look well together ^^



Photobucket

With the Maestro...



Photobucket

Goo Hye Sun

Photobucket

Looking totally un-Jandi like here ^^



Photobucket
Kim Joon of T-max and F4
Looking like a prince of a fairy tale !


Photobucket
Kim Joon and Jang Nara


Photobucket

Gorgeous people, gorgeous fantastical clothes...


Photo credits as labeled and google search.

Comments

annacronism said…
Hi, sister Myoce.
I hope you are doing well.
I know I haven't commented on your blog posts in a while. I have had so much computer trouble, I am just now beginning to get head of it all. I am glad you posted these wonderful photos. I have wondered who the designer of these amazing fashions could be. I had heard of Andre Kim, but I didn't really know who he was. Thank you, dear, for enlightening me. I fell in love with Mr. Kim's fashions the first time I saw these pictures on the internet. They are lovely. So dramatic, and refreshing. It is very easy to like them, and the models are all very attractive, especially Our Charming Prince. Thank you, again, for re-posting these pictures. Take care.
Love,
Anna
myoce said…
Dear Anna,

This is really really late but I hope you read it. I do hope your computer won't trouble you much again. Yep, I like Andre Kim cos he often invites celebs....and we get to see them in gorgeous clothes he designs ^^

Baesisters fightiiing !
Love, myoce

Popular Posts