SS501 - Flash Tube to Impact Absorbtion

Due to frequent search for SS501 news.....I accidentally came across information about other SS501s...the ones not in any way connected to The Korean boyband SS501. Cos it's a bit interesting to me, I'm putting it here.

One is the Sylvania SS501 Argon Flash Tube. Apparently it ain't just a common flash...like the ones found in our cameras. This kindda flash is used in High Speed Photography and it is also a light source for pumping atom in lasers !!
The picture on the left is a Sylvania SS501 Argon Flash Tube.

If you're interested to see the video of the flash, click here I think the SS501 Argon Flash Tube lights up at 0:11 and 0:21.

The other one is the model code of a kind of shoe, the Sterling Safety Shoes SS501 Steel Toe Cap..... and this kind of shoe is apparently ain't just your common or usual type of shoe ! Yep, it could protect your toes up to 200 Joule impacts, has an energy absorption in heel region, is antistatic ....and has sole resistance to fuel oil . Oh, I think I'll need those shoes when I start practicing SS501's "A Song Calling For You dance", like Leny told me to... these shoes will protect me from injuring my feet and will absorb all my [over] weight in it's heel region. Not to mention resistance to fuel oil ! Why.. I can practice dancing in the kitchen while frying some rice...and I won't be in any danger of slipping and falling on cooking oil...great...

Okay....it seems all things with the name of SS501 turned out to be something special....that's just fine with me !! Cos I think The SS501 I've come to know and love IS something special !!!

Hmmm I didn't forget my main reason for posting :)
I want to give you the links to one of the SS501 interview in Hongkong, they are uploaded to YT by elevenstar87 ...thanks sooo much, elevenstar87 !!! And here they are :

SS501 Hong Kong Interview 090707 Ep 1 (1/2) [Eng Subs]

SS501 Hong Kong Interview 090707 Ep 1 (2/2) [Eng Subs]

SS501 Hong Kong Interview 090708 Ep 2 (1/2) [Eng Subs]

SS501 Hong Kong Interview 090708 Ep 2 (2/2) [Eng Subs]


Photo: credit as labeled
Info Sources : www.tubecollector.org/ss501.htm and www.safetybootsuk.co.uk/sterling-safety-shoes-ss501-steel-p-79168.html

Comments

Unknown said…
Sometimes these google news searches are so funny.

I just had one pop up, too. The headline said something about an Ultra-orthodox Jewish woman in Jerusalem arrested for supposedly starving her 3 year old son. What does that have to do with Korean food?!?!

Well, on the bottom of that page was a link to another page on the same site talking about a show on The Pentagon channel where the chef is going to do a feature on Korean food.

You just never know what you're going to find when you go on a treasure hunt!
myoce said…
Hehehe....Tamar,

I saw the post in your blog :) and I think we should go treasure hunting more often....who knows we will find unexpected pots of gold somewhere !!

I'll let you know if I find a Korean Food nugget ;)

Popular Posts