Minahasa Holiday [ 2 ]



This post is going to be filled with paddy fields and coconut trees....you could skip it if you don't like to see scenery of the country side in Sulawesi Island [Celebes] . I love green rice terraces and tall coconut trees, I think they create beautiful panorama with the sky or the sea...


Photobucket



Photobucket


On the road on our second day. My dad's in that red car up front with some relatives, hubby and I with the kids behind them. We went to a rather far and difficult to reach village, Temboan village, where my dad's relatives settled a long long time ago...so it's not his hometown, we'll be going there [his hometown] the day after tomorrow.


Photobucket



Photobucket


Don't ask me what kind of crops they are planting...I only know paddy, corn, cabbage [when the cabbage head could be seen] and maybe string beans [ coz usually there's a stick poked to the ground next to it ]. Other strange looking plants, I have to ask hubby, as he's in Agriculture.


Photobucket



Photobucket

I think they have prepared the soil to plant something.... 


Photobucket


After meeting long lost relatives, visiting a few of their homes, and partaking in the midday meal with them...[delicious !! ] ..also...visiting our great great grandma's grave, we went on our way back to the city....had a wonderful time looking outside the car window^^



It's usual to see people washing their car, but seldom do we see them washing their cows^^...hmmm...the water's muddy ! Oh well...the cow's legs are muddier I suppose...



Photobucket

Passed this picturesque stream....or...err...brook...
what's the difference... anyone knows ?



Photobucket

Oh...lovely paddies....


On the way back everybody had to visit the restroom at the gas station...except moi...so I went across the street to take pixes of the flowers growing at the roadside there. I've been wanting to do it as soon as I saw the flowers...but there were some boys on their motorcycles chatting there [it's near a kiosk]....as soon as they left...I went into action^^...didn't want them to think I was a strange lady, taking pix of something so ordinary [to them it might be an ordinary flower, as we could see it everywhere....]..



Photobucket



Photobucket



Photobucket


Ok, hope there was something interesting for you to see in this post !
Today, first day of work in 2011 for me...so CU later....



PS. 
I uploaded the pix of the cow 5 times in photobucket...
but how come I still can't see that cow ??!! 
Do you suppose it ran away coz it's scared of water ??.....
after all, it ain't a Water Buffalo y'know...
ok gotta go...I will look for that missing quadruped later....sob sob.

PPSS.
I did it...there's smt wrong and photobucket couldn't make it appear here,
had to upload to blog through the blogger post editor...
so the size is smaller than the others...phew!


Comments

Popular Posts