Minahasa Journal 3 - Last day panorama




The last entry of my journal now. On the morning of the last day, I insisted that we go to my dad's village, where he was born and where the last resting place of my grandparents is. I love going there cos the weather is cool and the scenery is just beautiful.


Despite disagreeing on my choice of destination...my cousin agreed to take us there. We just had time to drive through the village, past grandpa's -now empty-house...not stopping at all...my cousin forbade me to go out of the car , as people [read : family] would recognize me [I'm the only grand-daughter, there are six grandsons.....plus...I'm the spitting image of my grandma] . If they see us, we'd be detained and risk missing our flight.

Hmm...I was going to rebel [ I wanted to see just one 'aunty' if I could !! ]...but after remembering that almost three quarters of the village had the same last name as I before my marriage....I decided my cousin was right ^___^ Besides, I was afraid to miss the flight that afternoon.

So I consoled myself by taking pictures of the beautiful green paddy fields, lovely coconut trees and blue sky with lots of white clouds drifting....I saw this one lonesome coconut tree in the middle of the rice field below [ click pix to see larger image].

On our way back, we passed Tondano Lake...it was sooo lovely !
I took these three pix ...wishing I could go out and explore ...sob.

I like looking at this pix above....so peaceful...



Below are two pix of Minahasa traditional houses...

They built them high from the ground in those days....
maybe cos of dangerous animals .

A more modern house ^^ The bottom part is closed off
and has become a parlor , I think.

We passed Lokon Mountain [above] , an active volcano.
I remember watching Mt. Lokon coughing up smoke when I was a child..

Back in Manado.....
we grabbed a bite to eat in the restaurant you see above ^^

Err...you could see from the occupants of this tank,
what kindda food is served there :)


Very nice restaurant, even though I preferred the food we ate
at the first restaurant we visited in Manado.

Hmmm...too famished to snap any pix of food....The Giant Coconut Crab that hubby and I ate...was not as I expected, but the fruit salad was yummy! My cousin drove us to the hotel, we washed, changed, gathered our stuff, checked out and went to the airport...

We went through Manado Boulevard again otw to the airport^^

Thanks for reading my journal...
hope there's some interesting things in it for you.


Comments

Hi Myoce! Thanks for the lovely photos. Wow the Minahasa house looks almost the same as my grandparents house! The viranda and the steps are in the same part.. Fond memories..such a shame the house doesn't insist anymore. Thanks to new housing development it spoilt a once rural town ;-(
hope you have an easy week.
Love,
Hyds
purpleheaven said…
It's beautiful Myoce, your place is great. It's like close to heaven. We are both in Asia, I have never been out of my country but it's like you are bringing your place to me. That was fantastic.

Now and then i would peek in here, I enjoyed reading your posts and your blog became my de-stressor. My fave are your nature, photography and among other things (ahem... of course you know).
I read updates of him thru here, kudos for a wonderful work.

Sorry i was out of touch. I will try not to, I still keeping you.

Soon.

My warm regards. Take care.
myoce said…
Hi Purpleheaven !

Long time no see...
I'm glad you still drop by sometimes, I wouldn't want to lose a nice friend^^

Glad you enjoyed the photos, I was afraid nobody would be interested in my trip and the sights I saw.

Now where ever I go I see things with different eyes, and appreciate them more...one good thing about having a blog, I guess.

You have a nice time in your own piece of heaven, now ! I'm sure there are awesome sights around you there too :)

Lots of love from a purpleunicorn .
myoce said…
Hi Hyds !

Oh, that's interesting to know !
I'm just sad about my grandparent's house.

When the long standing traditional house of my grandparents were attacked by termites, my father wanted to have a new traditional house built for them. But my grandpa insisted that a 'modern house' should be built to replace it.

Oh, Hyds, now it's gone too...I had a nice time staying there in my vacation...there would be animals kept under the house... dogs, chickens, ducks, goats.... and even a horse for a wagon...

Sob.. sob ... missing it....

Good luck on your new venture !!
Go break a leg :)
Love,myoce
jenny said…
Dear myoce

I am late late late to see your last part panorama pic and comment. How are u lately myoce ?
I like the pic expecially the the sky is so clear and blue. Is a good combination of cloud , blue sky, coconut tree. Lovely lovely .

Thanks for sharing yah. Hope u have a wonderful week ahead .

Love

Jenny
myoce said…
Hi Jenny !

Oh, it's ok...glad you got to read it...Wow you've been going around too..I see lots of your pix in FB ^^

Lately I've been busy and can't upgrade and fill my blog much :(

Hope you're having nice days there.
Love, myoce

Popular Posts