A bug's life...


On Life - looking up from under




Still have more than one week before my class starts in Jakarta, so not that hectic yet...lot of time to do things at home and in this blog. I went to the garden again today...have you ever wondered about those ants, termites and bugs in your garden...they spend a lot of their time crawling, creeping and carrying out their daily activities 'down there' on the ground...on the surface of plants, leaves and soil.....


Well since I got to know BYJ...I take pictures a lot. Partly because his hobby is photography and I was inspired to try it...partly because...I suspect ...I ...enjoy it...he he he.. So into the garden I went, armed with my camera....so thoughtless of me not to rub some mosquito repellent lotion before going out !! Oh....I went around the garden like a person dancing to a crazy tune...trying to take pictures and swatting at mosquitoes all the while...



Ughh ! it's an Aedes Agypty...famous for infecting humans with the dengue haemorragic fever!! Anyway, while I was gyrating around between flowers and plants...a thought came to me...why not take photos 'the other way around'...I mean 'from the bottom up' ! That will surely give us some ideas on how a bug live it's life...and get a bug's eye view of things...so to speak.



So I stopped squirming and got down "there"...y'know...really down, near the grass...Oh !! All of you ...you've got to pull yourselves away from your PC screen sometimes and exercise !! or you'll be like me. It seems I had to utilize some long forgotten muscles and joints to get to the bug's living area...I'm aching all over...



Under the leaves ....it's...it's...IT'S BEAUTIFUL!!.....oh...no wonder those bugs are happy !! They live under lovely leafy tinted canopies built by the greatest architect of life. I'm so glad I went to the garden today.


Satisfied with my shots...I went into the house...arms and legs full of itchy red bumps !! but my mind was not on scratching...I was still enchanted by the scenes...from a bug's eye view. I hope you enjoyed the pics...even though it's not pro. See ya !


Photo location : our front yard, Plants : the first 3 are Caladiums, then Ferns, and the last 2 are Papaya leaves.

Comments

Popular Posts